Both options have their pros and cons and that’s what we’ll be discussing here today, based on personal experience. We can assure you that either of these two options is a great way to explore Tanzania’s wildlife, and both will leave you with a lifetime’s worth of memories.
Why Choose Safari Lodges: Comfort and Ease
- One of the main commodities of staying in a lodge is having electricity at your disposition inside your tent. Having lights and outlets to charge your electronics is a nice touch after long days of game driving.
- In a lodge, one of the advantages you can look forward to is the additional space it buys you (in comparison to camping). The large-tented lodges, as well as any of the other upscale options, provide sufficient space to stand, walk, as well as a normal-sized bed that is more likely to give you a nice night of sleep if you’re not accustomed to camping.
- Another boon is having a bathroom inside your sleeping quarters. This means you’ll enjoy the privacy and comfort of being able to use the bathroom without having to leave the tent.
- You have plenty of options to choose from when lodging: basic tented lodges, rustic lodges, luxury lodges… it all depends on your budget and what you’d like. You can look forward to authentic, dreamy lodges in the middle of the wilderness in Tanzania!
- If you’re looking for a more private and quiet experience, this is your option!
Why Choose Safari Camping: Adventure and Authenticity
- In a matter of minutes, these smaller tents are really easy to put together, and your safari team will work it all out for you in only a few minutes!
- Expect to spend less overall when you choose camps for lodging, as the price of a camping safari comes in lower than fancier lodges.
- Choose this if you’re looking to have what will likely be one of the most exciting journeys of your life. The authenticity of sleeping in the middle of a national park, alongside Tanzania’s wildlife, beside the public dining areas and bathrooms, and accompanied by all of nature’s nightly sounds – there’s nothing like it. This makes an unforgettable experience.
- If you’re a nature lover, what would be better than cracking open your tent in the morning and enjoying the sunrise in the middle of a plain or jungle?
- Choosing to camp this way often allows for more chances to meet people and make new friends in the morning or after game drives. There’s an atmosphere of community due to the shared spaces, so if you’re a people-person, you’ll definitely enjoy this aspect!
Have these tips helped you decide which type of accommodation you’d like to have during your next safari vacation?